Tips for winning more bids and tenders in Darwin and the Northern Territory
The Northern Territory is a relatively small economy. Government and private tenders are quite competitive and major projects often have a substantial impact on the local economy. There are always opportunities with Government contracts for business small and large to secure work.
Here are four tips for winning new business, bids and tenders in Darwin and the Northern Territory:
- Focus on the client. It’s important to resist the need to focus on your own business. The reader or client will want you to focus on them. For example, let’s assume you are a plumbing company operating in Darwin and your are completing a tender to Darwin City Council to be appointed to their panel. You may want to talk about how you have offices in Queensland and NSW as well as Darwin and 60 employees around the country. However, Darwin City Council will mainly be concerned with your local capability. The will want to know what you can and will do for them. it’s critical that you focus on the Council and their needs and how you align to their values rather than your own. If they have asked about your personel, ensure you provide the necessary detail.
- Focus on local and indigenous. It is important to provide concrete evidence and facts when responding to questions on local employment and economic benefits, and Indigenous participation. For example, let’s assume you are applying for a civil construction tender in Darwin and one of the questions asks about local economic benefits. You need to go into detail and talk about what local supplies you will be purchasing from as part of the contract. Provide facts and figures about the number and percentage of your staff that live in the local area. You also need to talk about your local procurement plan, and how you will support indigenous enterprises and suppliers when completing the works. If you have someone in your business that takes care of procurement and admin, talk about their role and how you will ensure that local businesses are supported.
- Provide practical Indigenous solutions. For construction industry tenders its not enough to say that you will employ three Indigenous workers as part of the project. You need to propose a real plan of how you will engage with the Indigenous community. What training will be provided? What about any cultural obligations? Will you be working with a specialist Indigenous recruiter? If so, what agency and what evidence can you provide to prove that discussions are already underway? These are all critical points to address in an Indigenous plan.
- Detail your experience and capability. All of your competitors will outline their skills and capability so it’s important to go into detail for yours. For example, let’s assume you are an accounting practice looking to be appointed to a Government Panel. It’s important that you take the time to go into detail on what you have delivered in the past. Talk about the challenges you overcame and delivering on projects and the contracts and talk about where you provided specific expertise that delivered real value to the client.
Our experience in Darwin
Our team of Bid Writers in Darwin understands the Northern Territory market landscape and have been helping organisations capture state and national accounts for over the past ten years including Bids to large corporations and all levels of government. We help businesses large and small in the Northern Territory win more business and government contracts by helping with their tenders and bids. We have helped construction companies, law firms and other major organisations win contracts for the Department of Planning and Infrastructure and Darwin Council among others.
We are also highly familiar with the requirements around Indigenous Participations Plans and local employment and procurement plans which are critical to securing government tenders.
What we will help with
Our expert writers will help you:
- Draft your content
- Project manage the response so you stay organised
- Write with flair and adopt the active voice to further convince the reader
- Design graphics and infographics to engage the reader
Our experienced team of proposal in Darwin are consultants that will take ownership of your Bid response and eliminate the demands on your business. It doesn’t matter if it is your first tender, or you are a seasoned Bid campaigner, our team of bid writers in Darwin will add value by either coaching you through the process and explaining what your business needs to do to comply, or by improving your existing material to ensure a more polished response.
Our team of bid writers in Darwin will get to know your business and key differentiators and introduce these as key themes throughout your response.
Contact The Tender Team on 0410 448 770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an initial consultation and quote.