Not for profit writing
Not-for-profit organizations often do not receive government funding, and rely on corporate sponsorships and grants in order to raise funds for their vital causes. Refined not for profit writing, including a quality message and succinct communication critical, as is having the right team in place to project manage a grant application.
How we can help
A nonprofit organization (NPO) is also known as a non-business entity, not-for-profit organization or nonprofit institution. The entity is dedicated to advocating for a shared point of view. The surplus that arises out of the revenues is used to further achieve its ultimate objective and not to distribute its income to the organization’s shareholders/leaders/members.
NPO’s are known for their accountability, honesty, and commitment to their staff and to their cause. Public confidence in the NPO is a factor in the amount of money that a nonprofit organization is able to raise. When an NPO focuses on their mission, they will have command public confidence and will increase revenues.
Our team is ready to assist with all your not-for-profit writing needs, including grant and funding submissions, award entries, websites, and reports. Emotive language, scientific terminology and a clear compassionate writing style are often key components to grant and not-for-profit writing. There is also the added challenge of competing with other not-for-profit organizations and project managing demanding proposals and tender responses.
Our Not for Profit Writing team
Our not for profit writing team will work closely with you to ensure documentation is in place in preparation for funding opportunities when they arise. Large organizations are increasingly becoming more demanding with their corporate social responsibility spend. We will help you implement and achieve best practice when applying for grants and funding.
We have an innovative fee policy for not-for-profit organizations, that entails a percentage of money raised, ensuring minimal risk and financial strain when procuring our services.
Writing to raise funds
We all know that fundraising is a critical functionalities NPO. Most donations are made by individuals and not companies. So you have to aim for the heart of the people and explain to them the difference you are providing. There are several techniques you can use to improve your fund raising writing:
- Use “Personality Theory” to reach more readers.
- Make your fundraising letters personable and easy-to-read.
- Examples of direct mail fundraising letters that reach the heart.
- Writing donor thank you letter.
- Write Stories that will capture donors’ imagination.
Not for profit pitch writing
At The Tender Team we can also help you write a professional pitch for your NPO. The following five points are crucial:
- Context: Set the scene for your audience even if they already know this. You need to train their brain early.
- Issue – Explain what the problem is: Explain the “broken” sector of the community. Tell people what the issue is in a detailed way before you tell them “how” you’re going to solve it. This may be obvious but a lot of speakers jump into the “solution” too quickly.
- Solution: Keep the chat about ‘The Solution’ quick and specific. Avoid any non-profit “buzzwords” that people aren’t going to understand. You have to be careful in using Technical jargon and industry specific keywords.
- Impact – How will what you do change the world: Will your idea make a difference out there? Which types of people will feel the impact the most?
- How much are you going to raise: You must be clear on how much you want to raise. Also, what are you going to spend it on. Provide the audience with your main expenditure elements.
We’re ready to help
Our team is ready to help you secure your next government grant or tender. Whether your are a not for profit / charity bidding to operate multiple nourishing homes, or a small community group, looking to secure funding, we’re the team to help. Our writers have helped businesses across Australia in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Queensland and the Northern Territory.
We love to help, so call us on 0410 448 770 or email your documents through to firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be in touch.