Writing Winning Professional Services Bids and Tenders
Professional Services tenders and bids require a unique approach particularly for larger firms where there are multiple stakeholders involve and a variety of personalities to manage.
Accounting, Legal, Recruitment and other professional services firms need to demonstrate their expertise in a clear and concise manner and ensure that your depth of experience is detailed. Key win themes such depth of experience or specialisation of key personnel need to be interwoven throughout he proposal.
Our writers have held senior tender writing positions at Tier 1 and Tier 2 professional services firms across a range of industries including legal, accounting, finance and corporate advisory. We have an intimate understanding of the dynamics of the professional services and partnership environment and are skilled at coordinating professional services tenders. We have done so for many legal and accounting firms including Tier 1 firms.
Strategies to help you win
Some strategies our tender writers employ to help our clients win professional services tenders include:
- Developing detailed case studies – In many professional services tenders they ask for examples of previous experience. Simply listing and briefly describing your previous cases is sometimes not sufficient. You need to demonstrate how you provided value to the case and what you did that was different and helpful. You can cover items such as:
- Which key personnel were involved and how did they leverage on their specific expertise to add value.
- How did you manage the case / matter? Was there a spike in demand at any stage or did it require you to allocated additional personnel to service? If so, did you deal with this challenge efficiently.
- How did your advice deliver value to the client. Did you resolve the matter early or secure a result that delivered cost savings?
- Was it a media sensitive case that you managed in a strategic way?
- Tailoring your CVs to win – Most firms have a central database of CVs for their personnel. It’s quick and easy to insert a CV for each of your personnel into a tender response. However, this will result in you submitting a somewhat generic CV. Let’s say for example, you are tendering to provide legal or accounting services to a local government client.
We adopt a range of strategies to help you win professional services tenders such as the above.
How we can help
Credibility, professionalism and expertise are key, as are current industry trends and conveying a proven track record. More often than not, retaining existing clients is increasingly becoming more challenging in professional services, and relationships extending decades can be terminated by the decision of a procurement panel.
It is critical to ensure any professional services tenders and bids are taken seriously, given the attention they deserve and access to resources within your firm required to complete a successful bid.
Our consultants are able to liaise with all members of your firm, draft case studies, required procedures and CVs. We will ensure your corporate values shine through, even if they are not your top priority, and will allow you to focus on servicing your clients.
We can navigate any internal issues and help you deliver a quality result.
The professional services firms we have helped in the past include:
- Consulting firms
- Management Consultants
- Financial Advisers
- Architectural/engineering firms
- Accounting firms
- Business appraisal firms
- Some brokerage firms (like insurance brokerage)
- Asset or wealth management firms
- Trust companies
We have helped many firms gain new government and non-government clients.
Call 0410 448 770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your RFT and we will provide an immediate quote.