Are you a business in Tasmania looking to secure a government contract?
Have you put together a bid or proposal and want a fresh set of eyes to review?
Does your tender look as professional as you want it to?
Is there a contract in Tasmania that has gone out to tender that you wish to pitch for?
Are you an Australian business looking to expand into Tasmania?
Our bid and tender writers in Hobart can help
Our team of bid and tender writers in Hobart has been helping local and regional businesses across Tasmania write bids and proposals for the past seven years. We have a comprehensive understanding of the Tasmanian economy, the local participation protocols, industry development and the procurement methodologies adopted by the Tasmanian government.
We’ve helped many businesses in Tasmania across bid for tenders both in Tasmania, as well as in other states such as Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and Western Australia.
We’ve worked on submissions to the government and private sectors across all industries including:
- Defence: We have helped Tasmanian defence firms submit bids and tenders to the Department of Defence as well as other associated departments. In addition, we have assisted construction, maintenance and trades bid for defence work in non AUSDEFCON contracts.
- Professional services: We have helped lawyers, accountants, valuers and engineers write tenders and proposals for appointment to government panels (federal, state and local). For example, we assisted a valuation firm with their submission to the Australian Tax Office for appointment to their valuation panels.
- Healthcare: We have experience helping companies bid for healthcare, medical and pharmaceutical contracts in Tasmania. For example, our writers have assisted both Tasmanian and interstate companies in submissions to major nursing home providers. A key component of these bids were the ability to service nursing homes in rural areas, as well as the on the ground communication required to sell, deliver, install and implement nursing home products to nursing homes across Tasmania.
- Civil, construction, building and infrastructure: We have helped local tradies and larger construction companies writing winning bids and tenders across Tasmania. Our experience extends to include hard landscaping and other maintenance and arboriculture bids. In addition, we have helped clients write bid and tenders for facilities management, including cleaning, security and fire maintenance. With vast bushland, there is considerable horticultural and arboriculture work across Tasmania – an area our team has extensive experience assisting in.
- IC/ICT: We have assisted local IT companies to write proposals for the provision of managed services to both the private and public sector. In addition, we have helped mid and large telco companies submit proposals to provide services to local and state government. Recently, we assisted an IT service provider to write a bid to the local government for the provision of equipment installation services. It was a joint bid with an interstate provider who would be providing the assistance, with the local provider carrying out the installation.
The government departments our bid and proposal writers have helped write bids to include:
- Tasmanian Government
- Hobart Council
- Brighton Council
- Clarence City
- Derwent Valley
- Devonport City
- Glenorchy City
- Department of Education
- Department of Human Services
- Department of State Growth
Tips and strategies to help you win your bid
- Ensure you adopt the latest readability strategies. You can google ‘readability’ to find out more about readability and how these stategies can help you win. Essentially, you need to ensure that your writing and proposal is easy for the reader to read. Make sure that your language is positive and active and that you incorporate win themes into your bid. For example, instead of writing: ‘we could deliver you a quality service with good outcomes’ write ‘we will deliver you a quality service with outstanding outcomes’. The positive language ensures you use the active voice and that your proposal is easy to read and concise.
- Developing a professional document that is aesthetically pleasing. This is critical as you need to create the perception in the minds of the review panel that you are a professional provider. At a minimum, put in place a template with a cover page and header and footer. You can then look at adding in graphics and infographics to improve the look and feel of your proposal. Profile pictures of your team members can be very helpful. Our bid and tender writers in Tasmania also recommend using infographics when presenting solutions to complex problems. Some people interpret information graphically – and it’s important to appeal to these types of readers on the procurement panel as well as those who are focused on simply reading text.
- Project managing the response from start to finish. That means, managing internal stakeholders and their personalities to ensure we extract the right information and develop a comprehensive response. You need to manage all the moving parts as well as the individual personalities. Some subject matter experts are highly technical – and a different and less orthodox approach to gather the required information from the can produce amazing results.
- Include evidence. The reality is any company can write anything in a bid or proposal. In order to ensure you are seen as a credible provider of services, it is important to provide evidence. This can be in the form of client testimonials, letters from suppliers, or internal supporting documentation. If you are actively part of the local community in Hobart, Launceston, or another part of Tasmania, then talk about this in your response and provide evidence of your contribution to the community.
- Provide a detailed yet concise response. Readers don’t want to read a whole lot of general or irrelevant information. So it’s important to write concisely. However, it’s equally important to include sufficient detail. For example, when responding to questions on your experience, go into detail in talking about your previous experience, including key personnel involved, what challenges you encountered and overcame, and how you delivered value throughout the contract.
- Focus on quality. You need to talk about your focus on quality and how you practically implement quality assurance systems. No matter what Tasmanian government department, or local council you are bidding to, they will want to know that you will deliver the product or service without minimal issues and fuss. You need to demonstrate a commitment to quality to reassure them of this and demonstrate to them and convince them you will be a reliable service provider.
What we can help you with
Our team of expert writing consultants can assist you to:
- Write your tender – we will write your tender response from start to finish. We work with your personnel in Tasmania or interstate to gather the required information and help put together a winning bid.
- Review you draft to make sure it’s on track – If you prefer to write the entire bid yourself that is also perfectly fine. We provide a review service. Our review service looks at compliance, response structure and areas for improvement. In a day or so our team will review your proposed bid and provide you detailed guidance on how to improve it.
- Develop any supporting documentation required – If it is your first time tendering, or you haven’t developed a bid for a while, you will more than likely need to develop supporting documentation which you do not have on file. We’ve got lots of precedent documentation to work from. From environmental policies to modern slavery statements, we will help you develop the supporting documentation you need to win your bid.
- Write your executive summary – including incorporating key win themes.
- Develop your local content and indigenous engagement strategy – local engagement is critical in Tasmania. The procurement people want to know the benefits of the contract will flow through to the local community. We will help you write these and other social strategies so you score well for this criteria.
We are able to work as part of, or lead your team, to ensure you put forward a quality tender proposal. With experience across all industries from trades (plumbing, electrical, carpentry), to the energy, healthcare, professional services and community services, we ensure we will incorporate best practice from a range of different industries into your bid.
For clients who have tendered extensively in the past we offer a review service where we provide constructive suggestions on how to improve your tender responses.
This usually involves us turning on track-changes and running through your tender document. We re-write responses as required and make suggestions on how you can improve. We also add engage graphics and infographics as we go through it to improve the bid.
Areas we service
Our tender and bid writers in Hobart have helped businesses across Tasmania including:
- Regional Tasmania and other towns.
It doesn’t matter where you are located, we’re available to assist and have experience assisting submitting proposals to all levels of government including state and local as well as the private sector. Our team will also help you find tenders which suit your business and provide quality bid and tender writing services to you.
When you engage us to complete your proposal, you are engaging a new business partner for the purpose of the bid. We want you to win, work with you to achieve your goal and take a partnering approach to deliver on your needs. Our consultants are available around the clock and we make sure we meet all relevant deadlines.
Our bid and tender writers in Hobart are also able to assist you with strategy and direction, professional visual design, presentation and training, workshops and coaching and mentoring. We will also work with you to develop the required supporting documentation and to transfer our skills and expertise to you so you can work on future tenders single-handedly.
Our fees are transparent, flexible, and you can keep and re-use all the content we create.
Contact Jason on 0410 448 770 for a quote and discussion.