The construction industry is a major driving force of the economy requiring a vast range of different services. When completing construction tenders, it’s important to demonstrate that your business provides the best value, as opposed to being the cheapest. Construction companies are educated buyers and use construction tenders to make quantified procurement decisions. They are methodical and strategic in the way they procure, and will are experienced in administering the tender process.
Writing winning construction tenders
Our expert writers have helped construction companies in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and across Australia win construction tenders. We do this by staying organised, identifying what matters to the clients and implementing tender best practice methodologies. When putting together and submitting a construction tender, it is critical to:
- Demonstrate to the client that you have the track record and credibility to complete the project.
- Communicate the expertise of your team and your experience working together to ensure you deliver a quality project
- Focus on the issues that matter to the client. For example, if you are submitting a government tender, Customer Experience may be critical as might community communication. It’s important that you talk about your ability to manage all stakeholders as a major contractor.
- Make sure it looks good. graphics are important, and infographics are useful to communicate complex tasks in an easy to understand and effective manner.
What is best practice
In order to win a construction tender you need to go in with a quality tender and a reasonable price. We say reasonable price because there is no real benefit in winning a contract that is not profitable. Winning construction tenders requires:
- Clearly articulating your experience
- Adopting an active voice throughout the document
- Ensuring all of your supporting documentation is completely up to date
- Developing win themes and integrating them throughout the document
- Writing a quality executive summary
How we can help
Our consultants have a track record of helping clients win construction tenders across a range of services areas. These include electrical, hydraulics, concreting and traffic control. As you would be well aware, Work Health and Safety is a big issue in the construction industry, and we have templates on hand for most documents required in construction tenders. We also have tender writing consultants who specialize in the building and construction industry, ensuring you receive a highly specialized service.
They bring a wealth of experience working for Tier-1 construction companies such as Multiplex and Grocon. Our consultants have also held several bid management and marketing roles for small and medium-sized construction companies and specialist contractors. We’ve helped small companies win Council tenders to build local stadiums, as well as Tier 1 construction companies to win national contracts.
For multi-million dollar projects, we are able to project manage your tender or bid, and can coordinate with joint-venture partners where necessary. Outsourcing your tender responses to The Tender Team is a great way to increase your success rate and spent more time focusing on your core business.
Our consultants are available 24/7 on 0410 448 770 and will provide a free initial consultation and fee proposal.