Writing a building or construction methodology can seem simple for most builders. It’s also common practice for nearly all tenders as most Councils and government departments now ask for a building methodology statement in addition to a GANTT chart and other project management schedules. Often, these building methodology statements form a large part of the weighting criteria.
Our team of bid and tender writers help construction companies and builders write building methodologies on a weekly basis.
What does the client want?
The client is usually looking for an explanation as to how you are going to build the project as well as how you are going to manage the site and communicate with them. In its most basic form, the building methodology is an explanation of the proposed program or GANTT chart. That is the simple part for most builders and something your project managers will be able to write quite easily.
The hard part is making sure you include what the clients want to hear.
What do clients want to hear?
Let’s take the example of a small project building a block of public toilets at a local park or stadium. When writing the building methodology, you may want to talk about:
- Securing the site to ensure the general public cannot access
- Scheduling building works to ensure they do not coincide with pre-scheduled events at the stadium
- Ensuring that temporary toilet provisions are put in place to service the community
- Communicating to the community through signage what is being constructed
- Liaising with and communicating closely with Council representatives to ensure that you comply with any Council specific WHS or other requirements
As you can see, none of the above items have anything to with construction, however, they are critical in terms of writing a compelling building methodology that demonstrates to the client that you understand their needs.
Another example is conducting building works in a school. When writing a building methodology for such works, you will need to think about and include items such as:
- Scheduling works outside school hours
- Scheduling deliveries to occur outside normal school drop-off and pick-up hours
- Ensuring noisy works are minimised to outside school hours.
- Putting additional safety measures in place to ensure that students with a disability or any other challengers are not put in any danger by the works. This would mean putting in place safety procedures that go beyond Australian Standards.
Other tips for construction tenders
- Previous experience. It’s important that you go into detail when writing about your previous experience. Put forward case studies and ensure that you detail not only the scope of the project, but also your involvement, what key personnel were involved, if those same key personnel will be part of the team for the proposed project, and what key challenges were overcome.
- Key personnel. It’s critical to tailor your CVs or profiles for each individual opportunity. For example, if you are pitching for a government contract, it’s important that you talk about any previous experience your key personnel have got with a special focus on government experience.
What we do
Our team of construction tender professionals write building methodology statements for councils on a weekly basis for different building clients. We understand that the weighted criteria of building and construction tenders is often focused on drafting a convincing building methodology statement. You need to convince the client that you have thought through how you will complete the project in a timely manner.
If you need to write building methodology statements and you are not experienced in drafting them, then contact us on 0410 448 770. We are experienced in drafting these and understand that it is a critical component of any building tender response.
Where our clients require a construction methodology template in Australia we are able to provide a template how assist them n writing a construction methodology.
If you need to know how to write a construction methodology, require a construction methodology template, or need a construction methodology / method statement, or even a methodology for a project, we are able to assist.
Our team can help you write a methodology for a project and a method statement for building works, or even help with writing and finding building tenders.
Our fees and service
We will provide a fixed quote or hourly rate, and once we’ve drafted a couple, we will help you learn so that you can write building methodology yourself. We’re committed to winning business, contracts and tenders for our clients and will work with you to address all of your needs. Our tender writing service extends to include drafting other aspects of construction tenders.
We help construction companies lard and small across Australia write tenders for government and private contracts. Whether you are in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Darwin, Hobart, Canberra, Adelaide or regional and rural Australia, our team is always available to assist.