Writing tenders, bids and proposals in the healthcare industry can be a challenge, particularly given the level of regulation in the sector. Whether you are a health services provider or product distributor, you will more than likely have had to submit a tender at least once in your company’s history, particularly if you need to secure a government contract. For larger organisations, you will more than likely be tendering on a monthly or even weekly basis – and a quality bid library will become critical.
It’s important to respond to each RFP, RFT or RFI comprehensively and make sure that you submit a compelling and persuasive response that is written in a clear, concise manner.
Our team of writers have strong experience in writing healthcare tenders and bids spanning across healthcare, aged care, pharmaceuticals and human services.
How we can help
Our experienced healthcare industry bid and tender writers will help with:
- Reviewing your bid or tender and providing feedback to you on how to improve it and where you haven’t provided a comprehensive and compelling response. This is useful as a first draft review to ensure have a comprehensive submission and that the document develops in the right direction.
- Project manage the tender response from start to finish including writing the response and communicating with key stakeholders in your business to gather the necessary information and documentation.
- Write your tender from start to finish.
- Provide strategic advice and arrange for translating of any key documents. This is often required for companies with head offices overseas such as in France who have documentation in other languages.
- Incorporate win themes throughout the content and formulating and implementing a strategy for success. This includes coordinating with logistics companies and other entities to arrange quotes for logistics solutions should they be required.
- Draft and develop supporting documentation where required such as quality assurance plans.
- Provide Bid/No Bid advice.
Our bid writing experience in the healthcare sector
We have extensive experience writing bids, tenders, proposals and grant applications for the pharmaceutical, medical and aged care industry to a range of Government departments and private sector organisations including:
- Australian Government Department of Health
- NSW Health
- Department of Human Services
- WA Health
- Department of Health and Human Services Victoria
- South Australian Department of Health and Wellbeing
- Queensland Health
- Defence Health
- Ramsay Health Care
- Sonic Healthcare
- St Vincent
Our experience in this sector isn’t limited to helping health professionals or suppliers secure contracts. We have helped IT companies secure healthcare industry contracts and product suppliers secure short, medium and long term product supply contracts.
We have also helped companies based internationally, to secure their first contracts. This sometimes involves working with local lawyers on their business establishment, as well as coordinating their registration and tender response.
Our experience writing medical industry bids and tenders
We are experienced in writing and coordinating bids for medical contracts across Australia and New Zealand. Whether it be the supply of product to Queensland Health, or the delivery of psychology services to rural WA, we’ve got the expertise, capabilities and knowledge to ensure you submit a compelling response. We also draw on our general tender and bid writing knowledge to ensure we implement best practices throughout the tender process and in the submission itself.
Our service extends to assisting:
- After-hours doctors
- Medical centre operators
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Medical social services
- Nursing providers
We understand the complexities of putting together a large medical tender and the rapidly changing nature of the market. From government medical tenders to private tenders such as the provision of medical evacuation services, we know how to identify your key points of difference and align them to your target clients. Our team of writers are experienced in drafting tenders in the medical industry and will work with you to update your current content where required.
We have completed medical tenders for the supply of medical equipment and the provision of medical services for a range of clients spanning small businesses to large corporations. As tender writing consultants, we incorporate win themes and introduce graphics where appropriate, and know-how to answer the questions that often appear in medical tenders these days, and aren’t really related to the medical industry at all.
Examples of successful medical tenders we have completed include:
- Writing a bid for a client who owned and operated a number of GP clinics. This was for the provision of after-hours doctor services in a regional and remote location in Western Australia. The service combined the operation of a GP in a regional and remote area as well as on-call and door-to-door GP services as required. This was a comprehensive bid which involved putting an experienced team forward as well as a large focus on practice management and reporting given it was a government contract.
- Writing a bid for the provision of psychology services in remote Queensland. This was a highly complex bid whereby psychology services were to be provided to indigenous and other at-risk groups in regional areas. There were two key aspects to the bid. The first was the ability, qualifications and depth of resources to provide the services. The second was the ability to provide the services efficiently to regional and remote communities. We helped our clients comprehensively cover both points in order submit a winning bid.
- We wrote a bid for the supply of syringes and other medical equipment to a private Sydney-based hospital. They hospital had undertaken a comprehensive procurement process with a highly complex pricing question which accounted for exchange rates and rises and fall in demand. We assisted the client in not only writing their proposal, but also in interpreting the pricing question and putting forward a response.
Our experience helping clients with aged care industry bids and tenders is extensive. We understand all aspects of the industry from the medical side of it to the construction and property side of it.
We have helped a number of organisations win aged care tenders through developing a compelling value proposition, clearly and concisely communicating your key points of difference and why your organisation should be appointed to provide the product or service. The sector is highly regulated, and it is important to submit a bid that complies with the requirements and assures the reader of your credibility and capability to deliver.
In addition to navigating the complex regulation in place in the aged care tender, you need to provide appropriate supporting documentation for your tender response, and ensuring it complies with ISO or other requirements.
Our consultants will help you compile a bid that is compelling and will convince the reader not only of your capability to deliver but also your experience, expertise, and know-how to deliver. We have assisted businesses that work in the aged care sector including suppliers of products and operators.
We’ve assisted or clients to write tenders to a range of organisations including:
Examples of tenders we have written include:
- A tender for the supply of nursing home beds to three major nursing homes. This was a highly competitive tender with all the usual players submitting bids and the features of the beds being somewhat similar. Aside from price, it was difficult to differentiate our clients products with their competitors. One key point was installation and usage. In order to submit a winning proposal, we provided a detailed methodology statement about the installation and proper usage process including how we would provide lessons for usage to nursing home staff and clear and concise instructions. This support was critical to tender success and helping our clients win.
- We wrote a tender for our client, a major nursing home supply company for the provision of CCTV monitoring services with a focus on fall detection. This was a relatively new field and we changed the style of writing to be more educational than writing to win. The buyer had limited knowledge of the applications of the technology and how it would deliver value to their organisation. We used infographics and simple, concise and clear writing to clearly demonstrate the benefits of the technology in order to help our client win.
The pharmaceutical industry is highly competitive and extremely regulated. At a retail level, pharmacists and pharmacies compete for supply and service contracts, whilst on a wholesale level three are tender for supply of medicines and other products. We work with you to identify suitable tenders and grants, and are able to act as a temporary resource should your bid and tender team have an overflow.
Our writers understand what it takes to win government and private sector Pharmaceutical contracts. We know the importance of IP, how to identify win themes, and how to consistently deliver results.
We have been involved in tenders with and to:
- Johnson and Johnson
Examples of tenders we have worked on include:
- The supply of a range of medicinal and pharmaceutical products to the NSW Department of Health. This was a challenging situation for our client who had an existing contract for a drug which was about to go generic. They were of course concerned about generic competitors entering the market and taking market share (and their contract / supply agreement). We responded to the RFP comprehensively and put forward a compelling argument as to why our client should be reappointed to the contract for an additional three years.
Features of our service
Our team will:
- Gain an understanding of your business quickly to understand how we can help. We will help you conduct a bid/no bid analysis to make sure the tender is worth bidding for. We will also work with you to develop a strategy to win your tender including reading between the lines of the RFT. Our writing consultants will then incorporate any key issues raised into your strategy and response as win themes.
- Become an extension of your team. We will work seamlessly with your team and will fit in with any and every team culture. We can quickly develop relationships with SMEs, HR and other departments and key Directors to gather the correct information for your bid.
- Write the bid response – we take care of the actual writing. You can write the content yourself, or provide us with notes in order to write content based on that. We can deal directly your internal SMEs and simplify language as required.
- Follow up and project manage the process so that you get it in on time. This is usually the hardest part of the tender response process as it involves a lot of moving parts and multiple stakeholders. We create a checklist to monitor the tender progress and project manage the development of the main document as well as all of the supporting documentation such as WHS, QMS and Environmental plans.
- Help for a few weeks or a few months – We’re flexible. Sometimes clients have their in-house tender writer go on maternity leave and need us to fill in. Other clients outsource absolutely all of their work to us. Either way, we can help and will provide you with a flexible service to suit your needs.
- Develop a tender library for you. A comprehensive bid library can save you hundreds of hours in the tender and bid preparation process. We can help you develop a bid library, and potentially use AI-assisted tender response programs, to store all of your core information and ensure future tenders are easier to put together due to having a comprehensive content library in place.
- Help you hire a full-time tender writer if you need. This is an area we specialise in. We know what it takes to be a good bid or tender writer and apply our understanding of the profession to the recruitment process to find you a suitable recruit.
We provide fixed pricing, a highly responsive 24/7 service, and the comfort of knowing you have an experienced consultant assisting with your tender submission. Our consultants are able to work as part of your team or provide our service remotely.
We will work with you to help you draft a winning response, and will take the time to understand your organisation, the competitive landscape and what key win themes you are putting forward in the tender. Our team will identify your key strengths, work to them, and develop a tender database as part of the tendering process for your future reference.
You need to keep your audience in mind, and use simple English where appropriate. The industry is vast and includes a range of adjacent industries such as equipment supply and recruitment. Our Healthcare tender writing team has drafted successful tenders to private and public healthcare organisations such as the Prince of Wales Private Hospital and Uniting Care, as well as state and federal government departments. We are well resources and have the skills and expertise to assist with your next tender.
How will we help you?
We help businesses across Australia and New Zealand, including in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Darwin, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide and Hobart. Larger healthcare, pharmaceutical and medical companies will benefit from our experience in national and multi-national bids.
We work closely with our partner offices in Europe, the UK and New Zealand to help you expand your business globally through business development and bids and tenders. We also work with smaller businesses looking to bid for their first government contract. This includes businesses across Australia and we have experience writing tenders to the private and public sector including privately run hospitals. We understand the methodologies that private sector procurement departments adopt and how they differ from those in the public sector.
If you need help with, want to win more, or are looking for a consultant to help you win a pharmaceutical, medical or healthcare tender we are here to assist.
Call us on 0410 448 770 to discuss how you can improve your prospects of tendering success or email us at email@example.com with your documents for a quote.