Our team of tender and bid writers have been helping businesses in Canberra, the ACT and across Australia write winning bids, tenders and proposals. Our consultants understand what it takes to win government and private sector contracts and will leverage on this experience to deliver you results. Our experience extends to writing tenders to all three levels of Government (local, state and federal) as well as the private sector.
Some strategies you can employ to win more Government and private sector contracts in the ACT and Canberra include:
- Using the right language – This is not limited to using the language the Government use and want to hear. You also need to write concisely and in the active voice. Adopt the latest readability strategies and tailor your writing to the opportunity. You need to write like you are telling the story and talking to the reader about why you are the best business to deliver the works.
- Focus on delivering benefits to the ACT Government (or Federal Government) that go beyond a quality service. Governments (and private companies) love to award contracts to local companies. It almost guarantees them that the downstream economic benefits of the contract (for example employing locals, using local suppliers and supporting the local community).
- Focus on the triple bottom line – The environment, social benefits and disadvantaged groups all need be addresses well to secure contracts in Canberra and the ACT. Talk about how you will benefit disability groups if awarded the contract. Will the contract create any jobs that may be suitable for people with a disability? Are you working with any specialist recruiters to identify potential candidates? Think about what specific environmental initiatives you are putting forward. If you are tendering to provide IT services to a major federal government department, you may think the environment is irrelevant? However – talking about how you will recycle old computer equipment when upgrading is something that is covered in most IT tenders.
- Provide evidence – Unfortunately it is often not enough to state facts to the reader and expect them to believe it. You need to provide evidence to back up what you are writing. Testimonials not only from previous clients, but also from suppliers and other stakeholders based in Canberra and the ACT as well as nationally are helpful. Also – remember to provide evidence of membership into relevant industry associations as well as supporting documentation for health and safety, environment, quality assurance and other critical areas.
- Ensure you comply –
Our team of bid and tender writers help organisations large and small submit compelling submissions in order to secure long term contracts.
We understand the Australian Capital Territory market, local industry and government structure and environment.
How we can help you win more contracts
Whether it is a must-win strategic defence bid, or a local council concreting tender, we will help you through:
- Building a tailored tender template and graphics
- Incorporating and developing key win themes into your bid
- Helping you conduct a bid/no bid review
- Understanding, explaining and ensuring compliance with the RFT, RFQ or RFP
- Deconstructing key questions to ensure you provide a comprehensive and compliant response
- Developing your team profiles as required
- Responding to all the questions comprehensively
- Introducing custom graphics and info-graphics
It’s important to assess and understand your competition, as well as the motivations of the client for going to market. This helps to put forward a proposal that is compelling and meets and addresses their needs.
Our track record
Our solid track record of helping businesses retain existing contracts and win new business has been forged over the past seven years we have been in business. We’ve helped companies large and small bid for a range of opportunities including to the ACT Government and Defence Canberra as well as multinational corporations. We know it’s not only critical to meet deadlines but to deliver a quality response that clearly articulates your key points of difference and delivers your key messages.
We provide a flexible tender writing service and will work closely with you to guide you through and complete the response process. If you are completing the tender process in-house, and are looking for guidance on certain questions, we are able to assist with a selection of questions as required.
We are committed to excellence and will challenge you on all aspects of the response, flesh out content and request additional input where necessary. Graphics and infographics are critical to any proposal or submission, and our in-house graphics person will provide assistance where required.
Our tender and bid writers in Canberra expertise include:
- Deciding whether to bid for an opportunity or not
- Drafting tender documentation
- Coordinating the bid process
- Formulating the proposal strategy strategy
- Writing blogs
- Infographics and graphics
- Writing company reports and other proposals
- Reviewing your existing tenders and bids and providing feedback and tips for improvement
- Re-writing your existing content in order to develop an exemplary master tender response.
We add value through:
- Developing a professionally presented submission
- Drawing on our expertise to ensure you implement best practice
- Drafting well structured, detailed responses to questions
We like to think we take the hassle out of the proposal process for you so that you are able to focus on running your organisation. Furthermore, we provide strategic advice to experienced tender writers, bringing fresh ideas and initiatives to the tender response.
Our team of tender and bid writers in Canberra are available 24/7 (although we generally prefer you don’t call at 2:00am on a Sunday morning, but if you do, there is still some chance our Director, Jason Cooney, will answer). We also provide a recruitment process for your long term resourcing needs. We meet deadlines, deliver on time, are responsive and know how to write. Our fees are flexible and transparent and designed to deliver value.
Our experience extends to the following industries:
- Professional services
- Equipment Supply
- Health and Medical
- Asset maintenance
Call our Director, Jason Cooney, on 0410 448 770 to discuss your next bid or opportunity.