How to win more tenders in Brisbane and beyond
Our team of tender and bid writers in Brisbane help businesses across Queensland:
- Write winning bid and proposals to government and private sector clients
- Review and provide feedback on your draft tender responses
- Create a tender and bid library
- Win lucrative government and private contracts
Our expert bid and tender writers are Brisbane based and bring a wealth of experience across a broad range of sectors. We employ industry leading methodologies and strategies to help you win including:
Strategy 1 – Writing to the weighting criteria – It is important to review the weighting criteria and write accordingly. Most tenders will provide a weighting criteria. You will notice that some perceived less important components of the tender will have lower weighting. For example, there may be a 10% weighting criteria for local procurement for a tender response for Brisbane City Council.
When compared with 40% for previous experience it doesn’t seem like a lot at all. Either way – you still need to write a comprehensive response and aim to score the full 10 marks. Why ? Well firstly, a mark is mark and some tenders and bids are successful based on 1 or 2 marks difference. Secondly, sometimes lower weighted questions are a great opportunity to differentiate and score well. Most of your competitors, for example, will have similar experience to what you do. However,
Our tender writing in Brisbane service provides a professional, responsive and expert bid and proposal writing service to businesses in Brisbane and across Queensland.
Strategy 2 – Talk the Government Talk (for Govt tenders) – When you are submitting to tender to the Queensland Government, or a local Council, it’s important to talk the Government talk. To a lesser extent – this extends to the private sector.
It’s all about how you will benefit Queensland. Think about and talk about he following in your submission:
- How will you ensure the downstream economic benefits of the contract flow through to the local community?
- How you will support disadvantaged groups as part of the tender (this is helpful when you are tendering to large corporations who like to show that their values align with their suppliers)
- How will the contract help you support local jobs and training?
- Do your values align with the Government department? What are you doing about the environment and how will any innovative environmental initiatives you employ as part of your service benefit this?
Strategy 3 – Incorporate win themes – You need to develop win themes to convey in your bid. These should be interwoven throughout your bid. It’s important that they key sales points are not your standard points of difference. As each tender is different – you need to tailor your win themes for the specific opportunity.
Look at the contract from the outside in – not the inside out. I.e. look at your business in the context of your competitors, bidding for this opportunity. Your normal key points of difference may not apply – and your win themes will need to reflect this point. Once you have established your win themes (for example, an innovative approach to safety), you need to introduce the win theme in responses to previous experience, equipment and resources etc. Not just in response to schedules with respect to safety.
For example, in case studies you put forward, you should not only talk about your performance on the case or project in terms of KPIs or deliverables, but also your safety record on that specific project.
We employ many more strategies to help our clients win more contracts and are happy to discuss them with new potential clients at any time.
Our team of expert tender and bid writing consultants in Brisbane
Our team is led by Jason Cooney, a bid writer with over 12 years bid writing experience. Jason is supported by three highly experienced bid writers all of whom specialise in different industries and have a strong knowledge of the procurement processes of Brisbane City, the Queensland Government and the Federal Government. As a team of Brisbane-based experts in bid and proposal writing we have helped companies win private and government contracts across a range of industries including:
- Medical – including for the provision of medical services in regional and rural Queensland.
- Healthcare – including providing healthcare products and a range of services to the healthcare and also aged care sector.
- Defence – including writing bids and tenders to the Department of Defence (DoD) and developing marketing collateral and writing bids for Brisbane and Queensland based defence to overseas clients and governments.
- Construction and infrastructure – ranging from writing small local Council bids for plumbing maintenance services to much larger proposals such as for the development of the Inland Rail project.
- Facilities management – for both the private and public sector. We have helped small cleaning and security companies submit bids to service local shopping centres across Queensland as well as larger companies including national facilities management companies securing contracts for the management of multiple public buildings.
- Manufacturing and supply – across a number of different industries. For example, we have assisted a quarry and other building supply companies to write bids to local Councils for the supply of building materials.
- ICT / IT – Across the broad range of It and ICT services including telecommunications companies providing wireless services to regional areas and managed support providers servicing the education sector.
- Professional Services – Including writing bids for lawyers and accountants. On occasion, these are for national firms based in Brisbane, or alternatively, based in Sydney or Melbourne with a Brisbane office presence.
- Many more.
We have experience drafting bids and tenders to both the government (local, state and federal) as well as the private sector. We have worked with countless companies all throughout Australia on projects of all sizes and scope. This ensures we have the expertise and experience to help you:
- Win more tenders
- Comply with tender requirements
- Implement best practice writing techniques
- Manage the tender or bid process from start to finish
- Develop compelling content
- Develop win themes that secure contracts
- Design graphics and infographics to get your message account
- Review your tender and suggest avenues for best practice
Our team will work with you to:
- Identify and implement key win themes
- Create a suite of documents as required for you to use in the future
- Educate and train your personnel on bids and tenders throughout the process
- Extract the best information and case studies that sell your business and experience
- Focus on and talk about your commitment to the local economy
- Department of State Development
- Departmnet of Transport and Main Roads
- Queensland Health
- Department of Education
- Workcover Queensland
- Banana Shire Council
- Brisbane City Council
- Cairns Regional Council
- Cassowary Coast Regional Council
- Charters Towers Regional Council
- Cook Shire Council
- Noosa Council
- Palm Island Aboriginal Council
- Redland City Council
- Rockhampton Regional Council
- Scenic Rim Regional Council
- Sunshine Coast Council
- Tablelands Regional Council
- Townsville City Council
- Fraser Coast Regional Council
- Gold Coast City Council
- Goondiwindi Regional Council
- Ipswich City Council
- Hinchinbrook Shire Council
- Isaac Regional Council
- Logan City Council
- Mackay Regional Council
- Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Mount Isa City Council
What services our RFP response specialists in Queensland provide
Our broad range of tender, bid and proposal writing services in Brisbane include:
- Technical tender writing
- Tender review and editing
- Professional layout and design development
- Bid writer recruitment
- Training on tender writing tools and strategies
- Complete tender response management
- Tender and bid review and feedback reports
- Business proposal and report writing
Why hire our affordable proposal writers in Brisbane
Tender submissions need to comply with defined selection criteria and follow a specific format and content requirements. Many businesses don’t always have the in-house expertise needed or the staff available to write a tender that is worthy of making it through rigorous assessments. This is where it pays off to outsource the service to a professional company that specializes in tender writing in Brisbane. We understand the Brisbane and Queensland market and have experience helping companies win bids and tenders from all industries.
Selecting a service provider to help you with your tender writing in Brisbane is a big decision. Our tender management experience means you will be appointing a team of bid writers that specialises in bid writing in Brisbane and can increase your tender win rates. Our RFP writers have over a hundred years of collective tender writing and proposal writing experience. Our professional tender writers have helped hundreds of businesses in private tenders in QLD, including helping with Brisbane city council tenders and gold coast council tenders. We’re also experienced in content writing and provide a range of other content writing services including report writing and government bids.
How our experienced tender writers inBrisbane will manage your bid
Our tender management processes are tried and tested and we will approach and manage your bid in a highly organized and effective manner leveraging on our tender expertise to help you win. When we begin our engagement, we will research your company and get across your previous documents, get to know your organization and help define your proposal’s key win themes. Best of all, we know what the assessment panels are interested in. We can develop the bid response and package a tender application that will engage, persuade and compel the reader to choose you.
In addition to having the capability to preparing winning tenders, we also offer tender applications assessment, bid writer recruitment and tender writing training. We are able to provide examples of bids and tenders for your review, and have helped many businesses across Queensland secure private and government contracts.
How much does it cost to hire a tender or bid writer in Brisbane to help with your tender?
Our fees depend on the specific tender, it’s size and scope, and to what extent you require our involvement. Send through an email enquiry or please refer to your fees pages for some ballpark pricing.
If your business is looking to grow its clientele through tender writing in Brisbane, contact Jason of the Tender Team 0410 448 770 to see how we can help.