Tip No. 1 – Some things you think don’t matter do
When preparing plumbing and hydraulic tenders or bids, whether it be for a major infrastructure project or a local council, you may think that price is all that matters. Or price, experience and personnel. The reality is that its often much more and what you think doesn’t matter actually does. So make sure you complete a comprehensive response to all questions for your next plumbing tender. These include:
- Supporting documentation. Where they ask for WHS, Quality Management and other systems, be sure to provide this documentation. You may need to tailor SWMS and Site Safety Plans to the proposed project for which you are bidding.
- Insurances and legal compliance. Again, you can easily get into the habit of attaching your insurances and moving on to the next question. There are often specified insurance minimum amounts which you need to comply with. These are generally detailed in the proposed contract. Check them and make sure you include the correct insurance documents and provide appropriate explanation if you do not.
- Equipment and resources. When you are proposing to self-perform works, it’s important to demonstrate that you have the appropriate equipment. It’s not ok to assume that it’s obvious you would have the equipment. The client will want to know that you can deliver on the project. That means, if you are a plumbing company with 15 vans, you need to detail this. Alternatively, if you are a hydraulic engineer consultancy with 20 in house engineers, you need to convey this so that the client understands you have the capacity to deliver the project quickly and effectively.
Tip No. 2
Invest in graphics. For some local and state government tenders you can get away with having minimal or no graphics, especially where there is a pre-prescribed form. For the rest of your bids or proposals, unfortunately, perception is important. You need engaging and exciting written content. You also need graphics to match. Real life images of your business and previous projects and experience can help. These need to be combined with infographics where appropriate as well as a professionally presented document. It’s important that your plumbing tender or hydraulic services tender looks professional.
Don’t go for any and every perceived opportunity. Make sure it is an opportunity first. Although it’s tempting, bids take a lot of work and opportunity cost from your business to put together. When you submit a bid or proposal, you need to ensure you do a good job. That means comprehensive responses to each question and a market competitive price. There’s no point in going to all this effort if you don’t have a chance in the first place. Give us a call and we’ll send you through our free bid/no bid guide to help you identify what is a real opportunity and what isn’t.
How our team can help you
Our team of expert writers has helped hundreds of plumbers, hydraulic engineers and electricians write and win plumbing and hydraulic tenders. We can help you find opportunities that open the door for a steady flow of business opportunities.
Our bid and tender management services include:
- Write plumbing tenders that incorporate “Win Themes”
- Review, editing and proofreading of existing proposals
- Professional application design and printing services
- Comprehensive bid management
We understand that plumbing tenders are highly technical and you will often fierce competition. Often, companies don’t have a skilled writer, making it more difficult for you to land lucrative contracts. By hiring us, our core group of writing experts will be at your disposal. We can fulfill this support role for your organization.
Upon engagement, we will spend time discussing your company and the services or products you offer. This enables us to gain insight on your operations and identify what sets you apart. Our consultants will focus on highlighting your strengths and making this the foundation of your submissions.
As a leading bid and tender management service, we are proud to have an 85% success rate. We offer reliable and timely services. If you have a tight deadline, our writing experts will find a way to develop a high-quality bid proposal that will increase your chance of winning.
Aside from tender applications, we also offer:
- Corporate writing services
- SEO copywriting
- Website content management
- Layout and graphic design services
- Grant writing.
Based in Sydney, we help companies across Australia and New Zealand, including in NSW, Tasmania, Western Australia, Victoria, Queensland and the Northern Territory. If you want to build business momentum and land big ticket plumbing contracts, contact our director, Jason Cooney, on 0410 448 770.