About The Tender Team
The Tender Team is a team of five experienced and expert bid writers with exposure to all industries from construction to medical and defence. Based in our offices just museum station in Sydney, we love helping businesses large and small write bids and win new contracts. With expertise across proof reading, win themes, tender and bid writing best practice and graphics, we are able to deliver the full suite of bid and tehcnical writing services.
Understanding Sydney and NSW
Our team of bid, tender and technical writers in Sydney understand the local economy, the major industries, and the way local and the NSW state government procures. We have helped ASX listed organisations tender for billion dollar construction projects as well as local businesses in Randwick bid for a small Randwick City Council contract. We’ve been helping local businesses win more work for over ten years.
How we improve your bids and proposals
When you employ us, we will employ a range of methods to achieve bid and tender best practice. These can be appointed by your in house staff and include:
- Use of graphics and infographics to ensure strong aesthetic appeal and to graphically communicate complex solutions.
- Sentence and writing structure to make it easier for the reader and ensure key win themes are communicated.
- Development of win themes and telling a good story that communicates and differentiates your bid or proposal form the competition.
- Bid / No Bid decisions to ensure that you allocate resources to opportunities that will deliver results.
- Adoptive positive language and the active voice throughout your bid.
- Drafting detailed and compelling content that is based on evidence and clearly articulates your capability to deliver the tender.
- Actively project manage the bid from start to finish.
Our bid writers in Sydney will employ a range of strategies including:
- Developing win themes in your executive summary. The executive summary is the perfect opportunity to win over the reader. Sometimes, aside from the pricing, some of the review team will only read the executive summary. Therefore, it is critical to take the time to draft a quality executive summary. This is an opportunity to put your case forward as to why you should be selected. It’s also an opportunity to summarise your key points of difference and win themes and introduce key personnel.
- Persuasive writing. We will ensure that the text we draft is engaging. Regardless of if you are a large corporation bidding for a multi-national project, or a small business aiming to secure a local council contract, the reader wants to read a good free flowing story in each response that is informative and compelling.
- We use graphics and infographics to get the message across. People read and interpret information in different ways. Some prefer to read text, whilst others absorb information through images. It’s important to have both in order to appeal to different potential readers interpretation styles.
Two strategies to win you more tenders:
Utilise efficient information systems
This means you must manage the transfer of information with ease and fluidity. Having a good management structure in place greatly helps this process along. It is required for when you must procure large amounts of information for the tender. Such as key personnel CVs or financial data and insurance policies. It is always greatly beneficial to utilise efficient information systems in order to remain focused, remain efficient and remain on the path to tender success
Do not write in a manner that would grant a PhD and instead focus on delivering your intended piece of information across with as much simplicity as possible. It is as Leonardo da Vinci himself put it:
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication”
You are not looking for a grade, nor are you looking to be commended for you linguistic mastery. Instead, you are looking to create business opportunities, and are competing with many others. For this reason, you must incorporate a simplistic language use coupled with a positive tone in order to achieve the best results.
Our tender writers believe the key to successful tenders is not to convolute the language through the use of complex and inter-changing paraphrases and linguistic lingo, but instead to incorporate simple, easily understood, and positive language to portray clients in an exemplary light.
If you have an upcoming proposal you need to prepare for, or have a submission to respond to with only a few remaining until the deadline, we are here to help. As a boutique consultancy, we are available 24/7, and have lightning fast turnarounds if required and will take the stress and workload off you in peak periods. We can also assist in the preparation of CVs, profiles and expertise, ensuring you have a standout template ready to work from when a Bid hits your desk.
Our Fees and Service
- Fixed project fees
- A strong depth of resources
- Industry expert consultants
- A library of templates to enhance your response