At The Tender Team we have over 10 years of combined experienced in tender writing. Our catering and hospitality tender writers understand the industry and have written tenders and bids for a broad range of hospitality industry providers including catering operators, pub and hotel operators and celebrity chefs. With over 10 years of experience in tenders our bid writers know how to write winning bids.
Case studies of catering and hospitality tenders we have completed
Examples of catering and hospitality tenders we have completed for clients include:
- A bid to Rookwood cemetery in Sydney, NSW for the provision of catering operations at the Village Functions at Rookwood operation. This was a comprehensive bid and tender that required detailed food management plans, operational plans as well as menus and catering options to suit a wide range of different religions and tastes. We worked closely with the incumbent operator to deliver a detailed, professionally presented and quality proposal the Rookwood Cemetery trust. Our client was shortlisted and interviewed as part of the process.
- Assisting a pub and restaurant operator to submit a tender for the leasehold of a heritage iconic building and the operation of a restaurant and cafe in the ACT. This RFP / RFT had a strong indigenous flavour and needed a catering solution and restaurant operations solution that was sympathetic to the Indigenous history of the area whilst providing a modern sophisticated dining establishment for patrons. We helped our client write a comprehensive bid that was viewed favorably by the procurement team.
- Helping a medium sized kebab shop operator with multiple stores submit a bid for the operation of a take away shop in a leading University. This involved writing a compliant submission to the University for not only the operation of shop but also catering for University events and meetings. We assisted with lease details, budgets, provision of plans for fit-out and other requirements.
- We wrote a bid for a large catering and hospitality company for the operation of food and beverages services for a new stadium. This was a state government tender with a large number of industry players bidding for the exclusive rights. We came up with a unique profit share arrangement for the operations as well as a highly diversified food and beverage option. Of critical importance was service speed – particularly during half-time breaks for sporting events and breaks during concerts and other events. We put forward a detailed plan which outlined proposed service times for patrons.
How we help our clients win catering and hospitality tenders
Presentation: Your tender or bid, just like your catering or food and beverage package need to be professionally presented. We will work with you to ensure your professional and polished bid incorporates the latest food trends such as organic ingredients, unique cuisines and options for people of different faiths and with different allergies. We incorporate graphics and infographics into your bid in order to bring it to life – and ensure your menus and general catering proposals are well presented.
Incorporating brands: If you are working closely with any key suppliers, or you have a well established brand in your own right, we will work with you to incorporate this into your bid. This can bring strength to your bid and do well to put your tender into a positive light.
Focus on operations: It’s important to present a quality operational plan in order to win a catering bid. The client (be it government or private) will want to know that you can deliver a quality service. It is important to talk about your teams and personnel as well as policies and procedures for producing and service the food and beverages.
Food safety: Putting forward a comprehensive food safety management plan has become a standard requirement for most government and private sector hospitality bids. You need to ensure you have considered the practical aspects of food safety and how you will implement food safety protocols into your operations.
Utilising Win Themes
It is important to have win themes or a win strategy in your catering tenders. This is due to the high level of competition found within catering tenders. A win theme or strategy is designed to differentiate your business or organisation from the competition and provide you with a distinctive advantage.
In addition to win themes we also incorporate infographics to demonstrate complex information in a simple and easy to understand manner, as well as professional photography designed to capture the beauty of our client’s cuisine.
Sentence structure and language use
Using the same word choice found within the tender in your tender response will help differentiate your response from the competitors. You will also be ensuring that your tender response is easily understandable from the procuring company by using words that they are familiar with.
It is important to keep your sentences and language simple and professional. Demonstrating your literary prowess should come second to demonstrating your business or organisations value to the procurer.
This is especially true within catering tenders that have high levels of competition and any advantage you have must be utilised in your tender response.
Our service and how to get in contact with our team
Our team of bid and tender writers have both the passion and experience to write successful catering and hospitality bids. We provide a 24/7 service that is available for our client’s convenience and we ensure that all communication is smooth and professional.
Email us on email@example.com or call our Director, Jason Cooney, on 0410 448 770 to discuss how we can help you with your next restaurant, catering and hospitality bid or tender. We will help you with:
- Writing your bid.
- Developing the necessary supporting documentation.
- Developing a strategy to win the contract.
- Graphics and infographics.
- Putting together graphically designed menus and other plans.
- Developing food safety documentation.
- Submitting your bid in online portals as required.
For more information or for a free consultation with our expert catering tender writers please call 0410 448 770.