Our team of expert bid, tender and grant writers are passionate about empowering Indigenous organisations to write compelling bids and tenders and win government contracts – and funding. We also help other organisations write bids and grant applications to the Indigenous sector.
Accessing funding can be a long and demanding process with heavy regulation. Indigenous (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) organisations often have to compete with other organisations for government funding in a highly competitive landscape.
Our experience helping Indigenous organisations win tenders and other funding
Our team of four writers has help many community and other organiastions from our rich and diverse Indigenous community to secure funding. Examples of these include:
- Aboriginal Land Councils – They play an important role in land management and cultural preservation. We have helped Indigenous Land Councils across Australia including regional and remote Australia to apply for funding for a range of cultural projects. We have also helped various land councils write reports and other content and collateral as well as graphic design. We understand how they fit in to the regulatory framework.
- Indigenous education service providers and programs – We have assisted service providers for applications for funding for a broad range of programs. For example, we have written tenders and bids for vocational training programs as well as funding applications for education services providers to provide cultural awareness programs. We combine our experience writing for education providers in the community services sector to help Indigenous organisations win bids against non-indigenous providers.
- Indigenous economic development enterprises – These organisations are generally highly dynamic and enterprises. We have helped these enterprises make funding applications for grants. We also have strong experience in assisting them to make private sector funding applications as well as submit bids and proposals for competitive tenders.
There are a broad range of funding opportunities we have helped Indigenous organisations pursue. These can be grouped into the following categories:
- Government Grants – These are provided from a broad range of government departments at all levels including federal, state and local.
- Philanthropic funds – These are often corporations or other private enterprises that have a focus on providing funds to indigenous organisations. These also include funds focused on the indigenous sector as well as corporate sponsorships.
- Community grants – These are mostly local and regional community organisations. They usually offer grants to support indigenous projects and initiatives that directly impact and benefit their local communities.
The Tender, Grant and Funding Writing services we provide you
Grant Proposal Writing: Our grant and funding writers will craft compelling and concise grant and funding proposals for your organisation. We will work with you to understand what makes you different and marry that up with the funding criteria. As expert grant writers with experience in helping Indigenous organisations win funding, we understands the ins and outs of the grant process and will work with you to ensure you submit a compliant submission.
Funding and opportunity identification: In order to secure a grant, you need to identify the most relevant opportunity. There is no point in going for grants or funding in which you have limited prospects of securing. It is a waste of resources. We can help you find the most relevant opportunities that you have a chance of securing so that your optimise your resources.
Case studies of clients Indigenous businesses our bid writers have serviced
Case 1: We help an Indigenous construction company secure an infrastructure project contract
Our client was a leading indigenous owned construction and infrastructure company based in Western Australia. They specialised in working on large scale infrastructure projects and had a strong focus on community engagement. Our client was looking to secure a contract to work on a significant infrastructure project. There was substantial competition for the contract and they needed to develop a strong technical response whilst demonstrating their commitment to promoting Indigenous employment and taking into account other cultural considerations.
We worked closely with their team to write the tender proposal – and highlighted their past successes, particularly in terms of the capability to deliver projects on time and budget. We highlighted the benefits of engaging an Indigenous owned business and developed a comprehensive Indigenous engagement strategy which showcased our ability and intention to provide job opportunities for the local community and integrating cultural considerations into the project. Our client was successful with their submission and the win bolstered their reputation and secure a valuable income stream.
Case 2: We help an Indigenous Technology firm secure an IT services contract
Our client was an Indigenous-owned technology firm specialising in IT Solutions. They focused on servicing the government and not for profit sector. They were bidding for a government contract in an area slightly outside their existing experience although they certainly had the technical knowledge and expertise.
Our team of writers worked closely with the client to write a highly tailored response that focused on the expertise and technical knowledge of their team members. Throughout the bid, we interweaved the benefits of selecting an Indigenous-owned business, including the leading role in the sector they would be taking be awarding the contract to an Indigenous-Owned business. as part of our Indigenous employment strategy, we talked about the potential of skills and knowledge transfer within our team as a result of the contract, particularly for knowledge transfer for your Indigenous employees. Our client was successful with the contract and we were proud to assist them to break down barriers for Indigenous businesses in the technology services industry.
Case Study 3: We help an Indigenous Health Services Provider win a private sector Healthcare Contract
Our client was a healthcare services provider that focused on providing healthcare services to remote communities. They were an Indigenous owned and run business. They were to secure a healthcare services contract with a NSW local health area in a remote region. The challenge was to clearly demonstrate they had the personnel to deliver the services consistently and effectively in the remote area. It was also critical that they delivered culturally sensitive healthcare services.
Our bid writers knew our client’s capabilities well as we had worked on two other tenders for them in the Northern Territory (NT). We talked about their previous experience and demonstrated the depth of personnel and other resources they had. We weaved in the cultural training protocols as well as community engagement programs they had in place. We maintained a strong focus on the improvement of health outcomes throughout the bid and talked about preserving Indigenous cultural practices in the remote communities. Our client was successful and in the feedback session the procurement commented that our proposal gave them the confidence that our client was reliable and would deliver a consistent quality service.
Contact us for help
Call or email our team of bid and grant writers today for assistance with your next Indigenous bid or tender or for assistance writing aboriginal engagement plans and other documentation to the sector or community.
We can help you find potential opportunities and submit your response. With four bid writers on our team, including one writer who specialises in Indigenous bids, we are well place to support you. We are familiar with the challenges of working in regional and remote locations and understand the regulatory structure.