Our team of bid and tender writers has a track record of helping businesses from Kiama to Eden win government contracts. If you’re thinking of applying for government (or private) tenders, and are based on the NSW South Coast such as Nowra, Batemans Bay and other towns, our team is able to assist. Our Director, Jason Cooney, was born and raised in Moruya and knows the NSW South Coast very well.
We have helped businesses in Nowra and beyond submit tenders for local government (including Shoalhaven City Council and Eurobodalla Shire Council) as well as state and federal government contracts as well as the private sector.
Services we deliver
We help local businesses with the entire tender process including:
- Preparing the relevant supporting documentation.
- Writing the response to the questions.
- Assessing the requirements and ensuring compliance.
- Creating graphics and infographics.
- Coordinating and project managing the bid response and upload.
Industries and sectors with which we have tender writing experience
Our proposal writers can assist with tenders from all industries including:
- Professional services (lawyers , accountants and recruiters)
- Construction and trades
- Health and health services
- Education and social services
- Software and ICT
General requirements that often arise in tenders include:
Sample Monthly Reports
Our team often comes across this requirement for many tenders in Nowra or other areas on the NSW South Coast, asking applicants to provide a sample monthly report of their activities. For many of our previous clients, we are usually tasked with providing a report that satisfies some or if not all of the following points;
- Monthly Schedules – Importantly, documenting what your cleaners would be doing closely on a weekly to monthly basis is key to having the procuring team taking your application seriously. Good documentation procedures demonstrate professionalism and show evidence of your reliability when the procuring team wants something done.
- Inventory Lists – What products do you use? Are they environmentally sustainable and cause as little effect on the environment as possible? Procuring teams pay attention to these characteristics and aim to use providers that are environmentally conscious, to say the least.
OHS/WHS/HSE Management Policies and Plans
Occupational Health and Safety, Work Health and Safety or Health Safety and Environment related documents are usually expected in any tender response, not only tenders in Nowra but nationwide as well.
Policies are often short in nature and only cover the basic objectives that cleaning companies aim for throughout the course of their business activities relating to protecting their staff, their clients and the environment as a whole. Policies are similar to mission statements and are presented as realistic and achievable goals to either adhere to or abide by whenever possible.
Management plans however require a bit more. They are usually full formed documents covering all aspects of workplace safety such as;
- Risk Management – Not only identifying risks but having a plan of action to respond to any emergency or dangerous incident.
- Emergency and Incident Response – When the situation becomes dire, applicants need to demonstrate a series of procedures in detail to directly handle all workplace emergencies and incidents.
- Induction and Training – All workers, regardless of whether they are new or old, require both induction and training generally or in specific areas to operate safely in the workplace. Accidents can happen if motorised equipment is left idle or hazardous liquids have been improperly released or not properly removed from the worksite.
As part of doing business not only in Nowra but anywhere else in Australia, insurance is not only expected but mandatory for most companies. Companies will be required to have the following insurance policies in effect for any tender response;
- Public/Products Liability Insurance: If you (or your products) potentially cause injury to any members of the public in the duration of your cleaning activities, this insurance policy will protect you (to a certain extent).
- Professional Indemnity Insurance: If you (or your staff or your products) potentially cause loss to your clients through negligence, incompetence or any other reason in the course of your cleaning activities, this insurance policy will protect you (to a certain extent).
- Workers Compensation Insurance: If your staff is injured in the course of your cleaning activities, this insurance policy covers that staff member’s lost wages and medical expenses in exchange of them not being able to sue.
Any procuring team will ask for evidence of these insurance policies so having them on hand to submit is essential.
Even if not asked, a good cover letter will be beneficial for any company tenders in Nowra. Cover letters set out your intentions in applying for the tender and should also demonstrate your appreciation for the opportunity in the first place. A cover letter will often include a short summary of your offer, from the responses to additional documents to the financials.
Our advise is not to make the cover letter too long (2 pages at most) and ensure that there are no punctuation or grammar mistakes otherwise it sets out of a bad first impression.
Call The Tender Team now on 0410 448 770 to speak with our expert tender writers on our local council tender services. We provide around-the-clock service, at great rates.