The Tender Team has been helping businesses from a range of industries write winning tenders in Auckland for over seven years. We will guide you through the entire tender process, from bid strategy and bid/no bid decisions to drafting, editing, and proofreading.
How we can help
Our team of writers helps businesses across New Zealand and Australia draft compelling and engaging tender responses and proposals that ensure your key points of difference and main win themes will resonate with the client. For Australian businesses, we are the bridge between Australia and New Zealand tender requirements and provide assistance with localising your bid. It is important to note, although Australia and New Zealand have similar regulatory structures, there is a substantial amount of localisation required for any bid or tender.
For example, New Zealand has a strong Maori influence and culture and this needs to be accounted for when writing a bid or tender. It’s not just as simple as writing ‘Kia Ora’ at the start of your emails and bids. Instead, you need to work with local Maori community groups to come up with a real plan of how workers and community groups will be integrated into your bid or tender. You need to demonstrate how employment opportunities will flow through to the Maori community and the positive social effects and benefits of your company being successful. If you are an Australian company, you need to demonstrate your appreciation for the local culture as well as your intention to establish your business in New Zealand so that the downstream benefits of your operation stay in New Zealand.
Producing the documents you require to comply
- Review your current content and edit and improve where appropriate. We will check each question and your proposed responses in order to ensure your proposed responses are comprehensive and have the required information. This will help you score well for each individual question of your RFP response.
- Identify and incorporate your key win themes and points of difference. We will help you look at your business from the outside in to see what win themes will win your the bid. Win themes are what sets you apart from your competitors in the eyes of the procurer, not in your own eyes. We then will ensure these themes are integrated throughout the bid so the messaging is consistent.
- Draft original content whilst incorporating best practice writing techniques. We use positive language and write text that is concise and easy to read. This will ensure the procurement team or personnel can easily read and score your bid against the evaluation criteria.
- Challenge you and your internal stakeholders to ensure case studies and experience convey your experience and capability effectively. This is key. We take the time to work with your key stakeholders and draw the most relevant information out of them. We ask probing questions that help your SMEs talk about past projects from different perspective. I.e. Instead of focusing on the services or products delivered, we take a broader view and focus on how you managed the contract, if KPIs were achieved, if you complied with all reporting and admin protocols, what challenges were encountered and overcome and if you had no safety issues.
- Proofread and edit the final document ensuring infographics and other images are incorporate where appropriate. It is critical to submit a professional and polished response.